Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thing #6

I enjoyed playing around with Firefox as I normally use IE. I downloaded Email this but wasn't able to fully set it up because I don't know my Google Apps domain name. I probably don't have one because I am a bit paranoid about Google. I also downloaded World Language but got annoyed trying to set that one up, too.

I can see how LibX would be really useful and appealing to members of our community -- especially faculty -- who really think about their research interests all the time. I think I'll offer faculty in the College of Ed a little mini-lesson of how to download and use Lib X as a workshop I can do at their departmental meetings in the fall. I'll just make sure I play around with the Beta IE version, too. I don't see how LibX will make my job easier because I don't find looking for known items from other sources all that burdensome. I do see how it would make the procurement of research materials easier for faculty or graduate students b/c they are often looking for books to buy and something like LibX would our resources more transparent.

1 comment:

will said...

I use Libx all the time just to avoid having to go back to our website. For instance, If I am on IM, I can just search the catalog, journal title list, world cat or google scholar right from the toolbar. I use it everyday for that kind of stuff. I need to figure out why the IE one is not working at all.